[TriLUG] TriLUG Ubuntu Fall Fund Drive

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Sep 16 13:25:31 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 11:21 -0400, Matt Frye wrote:
> On 9/15/05, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:
> > We still haven't reached the goal of getting 100 people
> > to comment on the petition to get Jeff Waugh of Ubuntu to
> > visit TriLUG.  Right now, we still need 33 more people to
> > post a comment at
>
> I'd like to open up a little debate here.  Could someone please tell
> me why a presentations on Fedora is considered "too distro biassed for
> TriLUG," but an Ubuntu presentation is not?
>
> That being said, I did sign Tanner's petition, but it's because I
> believe that presentations on distros are what TriLUG should be doing.

Wow.  Well put, Matt!

If anyone decides to argue the "other side" of that issue, they should
hang their head in shame and voluntarily add the title "Village Idiot"
to their .signature file for the ensuing month.

But hey, thats just my [1] opinion.  ;-)

Ed

[1] DISCLAIMERS:
  Given current geographic location, pregnant wife, etc.
    I just can't attend TriLUG meetings.  But I do sorely miss
    the discussions, people, and pizza!
  I'm a Fedora Extras contributor so, yes, I'm horribly,
    irretrievably, and unabashedly biased.
  I'd love to give a presentation about how we use Fedora
    for basically everything at work from laptops to desktops
    to compute clusters with hundreds of nodes, how to join FE,
    some of the neat stuff we've learned (sometimes the hard
    way!) as a result of all the above, etc.

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
emails:  eh3 at mit.edu                ed at eh3.com