[TriLUG] Hard drive advice

James Brigman jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 19 22:00:25 EDT 2005

Maxtor's good. Had one fail in the 8 years I've been buying 'em and they
did a good job of honoring the warranty. They offer a "pre-ship" feature
(using a credit card number) that is very nice. Their bigger drives seem
good. Been eyeing the 300GB MaxLine myself.

Some major vendors are using Maxtor for their large, commercial products
that incorporate ATA drives, so I expect the quality of the 200GB-and-up
drives is good.

JKB