[TriLUG] steering committee vacancy

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 15:01:09 EDT 2005

On 9/20/05, Matt Frye <mattfrye at gmail.com> wrote:

> No disrespect intended, but why is "distro of choice" so often part of
> the SC candidate bios?

Because it let's the membership get one more datum on the
candidates personality.  Take, for instance, hypothetical
candidate Adam.  Among other things, he lists his distro
of choice as LFS (Linux From Scratch).  How would
you compare him to hypothetical candidate Bob, who
lists his distro of choice as Linspire (no offense to
Linspire users).    I'll let you draw your own conclusions
(the more imaginative the better!) as to who you might
think has more Linux info.

Now, as I said, this is just one datum, so by itself, it's
pretty useless, but taken with everything else can be
used to help someone decide who to vote for.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace