[TriLUG] apache passwd management strategies (subversion)

Scott Lundgren trilug at capitalfellow.com
Thu Sep 22 15:38:58 EDT 2005

What are your suggestions for managing htpasswd entries for individual users?
Ideally, I'd like to keep a user's login passwd in sync with their
htpasswd entry, and do it automagically like samba does it.

I'm working on setting up a subversion server for my development team, and
while a majority of the repository will be public, write access will be
restricted to members of my development team using subversion's
authorization and Apache2's authentication (htpasswd).

Because we'll want to see individual commits/writes each user will need to
authenticate seperately. Thus individual enteries in the htpasswd file,
more passwd's for me to maintain, more passwd's for them to remember.