[TriLUG] OT: Education

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 23 20:56:17 EDT 2005

I think it clearly shows that those folks who most willing and anxious
to work hard don't have time to spend learning "old ideas" in school.
They are too busy inventing their own light bulbs.

... And they have learned the secret that success is built on the
shoulders of thousands of attempts (not thousands of books read).

School is a very traditional way of learning, but the entrepreneur
doesn't have the patience for that pace, and the knowledge they want to
learn is more rapidly gained by doing.

Yoda was wrong. There is only doing.

Jon