[TriLUG] Grid Technologies

Serino cserino at nccu.edu
Sun Sep 25 02:36:52 EDT 2005

Hi Linux community,

I am an assistant professor at NCCU. A team of researchers at NCCU are
looking into the challenges and benefits in implementing grid
technologies into the business environment both for research and course
development. This research is supported by an NSF grant administered by
Dr. McClelland. As an additional note, if a company would be willing to
use our facilities for development purposes, we would be very interested
in partnering with you to support your company's business objectives.
Our students are highly motivated and anxious to learn about ways that
companies can gain a competitive advantage using various techniques.
Currently we are teachning network adminstration with Linux and
implementing zSeries.

One additional note, your responses will be kept confidential and
recorded using a method that protects you and your organizations
privacy. We will not share this information to other organizations. If
you are implementing grid or thinking of implementing grid, we would be
very appreciative in getting your responses to the following questions.
My email is cserino at nccu.edu. However, if it is more convenient, please
call me at (919) 530-6487. I am available most of the day (M-F). We are
very interested in getting your responses.

Dr. Cate Serino (please call me Cate)

Open Ended Questions on Grid Technology
1. Are you using grid technology?
2. If you are, what are the benefits and challenges?
3. Has it significantly enhanced certain operations at your company?
4. If you are not using it, have you considered using it?
5. What are your company's hindrances to using this technology?
6. Do see value in grid technology? If not why?
7. What do you see in the future of grid technology?

>>> melissa katsigazi <mkatsigazi at yahoo.com> 09/23/05 10:53 AM >>>

Greetings to all,

Please have a look at these questions and see if any
additions or changes need to be made.

Regards,

Melissa Mirembe