[TriLUG] OT: Education

Ben Pitzer bpitzer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 21:36:27 EDT 2005

I'm going to jump on this dead horse and start a'whippin, just because it's
Sunday night, I'm bored, and y'all need to know that I still listen around
here so you don't start gettin' all mouthy about me.

Anyone ever heard the old adage 'you have to have money to make money'? I
think that there's an imporant correlary to be drawn here, and that is that
having money to start with is the best way to make money.

My question about each of these on the top 5 (haven't seen the list myself)
is whether or not they came from wealthy families to begin with. Going from
big bucks to mega bucks doesn't impress me. Going from my salary to big
bucks does. When you have money, you have connections and/or the ability to
make connections. That means that you are invited into situations that allow
you to make money, and which are much more reliable than those that people
such as myself will find. The last time that somebody offered me an
opportunity to invest my money and make (potentially) millions, it involved
purchasing cleaning products from his online store that he didn't own, and
was the marketing brain child of the family that brought us Amway.

So frankly I don't think that having a college education always helps when
you already have all the tools you need to be successful, and that is a head
start.

Flame on,
Ben Pitzer