[TriLUG] OT: Education

Mark Fowle mark at thefowles.com
Mon Sep 26 09:13:11 EDT 2005

Charter schools should be measured witht he same guidelines as public
schools, because they are public schools - what they should not have to do
is jump through the same hoops that "mainstream" schools do. Charter
schools are suppose to be IR&D for mainstream - but in North Carolina they
are set up for fail - twice as many hoops to jump through. Education in
this state is basically teach to the test - and that's all -- As far as
teachers go - a lot of charter schools get good teachers ( some may hire
the "passed on" teachers -- but then again -- they probably end up in
other mainstream schools as well -- mainstream schools are anti-charter
schools --

When somethings broken you tend to want to fix it -- except for schools -
fixing them is just lip service.