[TriLUG] OT: Education

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 09:58:06 EDT 2005

>Prediction: No one on this mailing list is going to
>become one of the Top 10 richest people in America.
>I'll even extend that to say Top 1000. Big deal.
 I'm sure people thought the same when Jordan played at UNC. He was a great
player, but no one looked at him and said "He is definitely going to be the
best basketball player of our generation." Michael Dell didn't open his
small parts business and predict that years later he would have a huge
domination of the computer market. However, without the 'go for the top'
attitude these people would not be where they are today, regardless of
clever marketing or technical smarts.
 I guess what I'm saying is that I'll bet no one ever heard Michael Dell say
"I'll never be one of the richest people in the US." Or Jordan say "You want
me to win how many championships? Impossible!"
 Way to strive for the middle Shane! ;->
 Regards,
Mark.