[TriLUG] Filtering mail

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 17:22:26 EDT 2005

I keep getting messages that are labeled "OT:" in the subject line,
but I don't want to read them. How do I get rid of them without having
to hit the delete key every time?

I tried setting up a rule in Pine, which took about 30 seconds, but
then I decided I don't like Pine because it isn't really Open Source.
The same was true for my gmail webmail account. It took me almost a
full two minutes to do the same in mutt on my laptop (I hadn't done it
before), but since I really don't use mutt that often I figure I
needed to set it up elsewhere. I even managed it on my... ::grits
teeth:: ... MS Outlook at work, but I _really_ don't like outlook.

So I guess my question is actually: "Which of the many ways of easily
filtering out subject lines with 'OT:' in them is best?"

Has anybody had a particularly good experience setting up filters for
personal email?

-CMP

--

Cristobal M. Palmer