[TriLUG] Is the Steering committee moderating folks without first discusing it with them?

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Tue Sep 27 09:58:42 EDT 2005

I agree with Matt on this.  One thing I considered replying to the list
with (and think it is appropriate now as well) is to interject a response
to Jeff's approval of list moderation.

Aside from the fact that moderation would put a heavy load on the steering
committee, moderation is generally a subjective process.  What one person
might feel is on topic and relevant might be dismissed by another as
completely off topic.  Thus, one day *your* email might be the one that is
moderated out of the list when you felt that it was your most sublime perl
of wisdom...

It's not only a time consuming proposition, it's also a slippery slope.

Oh....and Occam's razor really does apply to most situations....in this
case, it's not some nefarious mail-filtering plan on the part of the
SC...just a simple mistake that was fixed and owned up to.

--
William Sutton