[TriLUG] Proposal for TriLUG List

Phillip Rhodes motley.crue.fan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 16:34:48 EDT 2005

this has also been discussed (again, more than once), and we decided
> aginst it because we did want the trilug mailing list to "splinter".

Was this a Steering Committe discussion or a main mailing list discussion or
something discussed at a meeting? I ask only because I don't recall the
discussion...

FWIW, I personally would like to see a trilug-ot list created. Mainly
because TriLUG is
more than just a Linux User's Group... it's a community really, with a
social aspect, and it seems
that members of that community might occasionally want to have email
discussions that
are completely unrelated to Linux / computers / Free Software / etc. A list
that has (mostly) the same
membership as TriLUG but where nothing is OT would, IMHO, be a valuable
thing.

Now arguably this is outside the mission statement for TriLUG, so on that
argument I can
see the opposition to it. OTOH, creating a second mailing list is a fairly
easy, non resource intensive
thing to do (we've had multiple lists in the past, trilug-rhce, trilug-dev,
etc.) so I don't buy into that
argument totally.

TTYL,

Phil