[TriLUG] linux-based PDA

Michael Martin michael.the.martian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 23:30:12 EDT 2005

At the risk of being off-topic, I'd like to ask for opinions from the group.
I am about to buy a new PDA. I currently have and have been very happy with
a Zaurus 5500. I would like to stay in the linux-based camp but some of the
M$-based PDAs are making me consider the dark side.

The Sharp Zaurus SL-C3100 looks awesome, has a 4GB hdd but lacks wireless
without an addon CF card.

The Sprint PPC-6700 is a PDA and a phone and has a camera!
The O2Xda Exec Mobile does all that at 520Mhz.
Both of these are cheaper than the Zaurus (at least from the web-reviews).

Anyone have any opinions to help with this important decision?

Thanks as always
-Michael

--
"Small though it is, the human brain can be quite effective when used
properly." -The Sixth Doctor, 'The Two Doctors'