[TriLUG] Quanta / Bluefish

Ken Wahl kwahl at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 1 15:33:48 EDT 2005

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 11:34:45PM -0400, matt-nc wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations about web editors for Linux, such as
> Quanta Plus or Bluefish?  Those two come with Mandriva as well as Nvu
> (which would not load) and Screem which doesn't look too powerful.

I'm not a pro but I learned HTML on Bluefish 0.1 when it first came out
and have stuck with Bluefish ever since. The only editor which came close
for me was (x)HTML-Kit which is windows only. I use it to edit html,
css, perl and shell scripts. It has syntax highlighting for a number of
languages including php, sql, perl, python, c, java, jsp, Ruby and
others. Try it. You may like it.

Lot's of folks have reported satisfaction with Quanta+ as well but I
never seemed to like it as much as Bluefish.

--
Ken