[TriLUG] Apache2 Problem, driving me nuts.

jaimie at trilug.org jaimie at trilug.org
Sun Oct 2 03:30:38 EDT 2005

I need to change how files of a particular type are handled.

I have a server site that is being used to share some files. Many of those
files are files from an app called Manifold, which produces a GIS map file
with the extension .map.

When a user clicks on any .map file, they currently get the following:

  Menu for /maps/anyfile.map
  [an internal server error occured]

If I use the context menu of whatever browser is being used to attempt to
download or save as, I just get a .htm file with the above as it's content.

I would prefer that the user be prompted to download the file.

Can anyone give me a hand with this?

Jaimie Livingston