[TriLUG] Mailman conversion from FreeBSD to Centos 4

Dan Simoes dan.simoes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 20:14:05 EDT 2005

I'm running gentoo and have mailman installed as a package, after having run
it for years on a solaris box.
>From my aliases:
# aliases for mailman use
## testing mailing list
testing: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post testing"

So I would say the "wrapper" is the mailman program, which is a binary.
My permissions are:
gentoo mailman # ls -ld /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman
-rwxr-sr-x 1 mailman mailman 7252 Jul 31 13:11
/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman

Hope this helps. I would suggest getting mailman up with a test list, then
migrating your existing config files.

| Dan |