[TriLUG] OT: Wikipedia inventor to speak at UNC tomorrow

Paul Jones pjones at metalab.unc.edu
Tue Oct 4 17:28:20 EDT 2005

the target was originally journalists and mass communication folks as well
as librarians so fear not the talk will be broad.

Please come. Please announce. Please forward as appropriate.

(see also http://ibiblio.org/pjones/wordpress/?p=751 and
http://ibiblio.org/speakers )

Note: This talk has been moved to 209 Manning Hall (as changed below)

    ibiblio Speaker Series http://ibiblio.org/speakers

Who: Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales
When: 3:30 Wednesday October 5
Where: 209 Manning Hall
       http://sils.unc.edu/about/visit.html
What: A talk about the world's most popular encyclopedia and news source,
      Wikipedia and Wikinews by the man who invented and sustains them.

More about Jimmy and Wikipedia: http://www.wikipedia.org/
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_wales

Sponsors: ibiblio.org
          School of Information and Library Science
          School of Journalism and Mass Communication
          Scholarly Communications Working Group

Poster: New poster
        http://ibiblio.org/pjones/Jimmy_Wales_poster_v6.pdf