[TriLUG] DARPA Grand Challenge Update

Steve Kuekes steve at kuekes.homeip.net
Wed Oct 5 22:34:31 EDT 2005

I sent a message a few days ago about our local Triangle team competing
in the DARPA Grand Challenge.  I thought I'd send an update.

The team I am on, Insight Racing was selected as a semi-finalist and was
competing in California to run in the Grand Challenge Race on Saturday.

I'm pleased to announce that after running the qualifier course at
California Motor Speedway we are in the top 20 of 43 teams and we will
be competing in the Grand Challenge Race on Saturday for the $2mm prize.

To keep this linux related all our vehicle onboard computers are linux
based. Including both linux on Intel and linux on PowerPC processors.

You can track our team progress on our web site
http://www.insightracing.org and you can get the latest Grand Challenge
information from http://www.grandchallenge.org

--
Steve Kuekes

Insight Racing http://www.insightracing.org
Private Pilot: N9259R '95 Saratoga based at Sanford-Lee County Regional
(TTA)
email: skuekes at nc.rr.com