[TriLUG] Slightly OT:Vonage vs. TWC Phone Service

J Hogan j.jhogan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:50:49 EDT 2005

hello all,
  I am the new guy, anyway I have time Warner. well when I talk to people my
voice goes up and down. also I have had the service for about 1 month and
there have been times where people could not call me. VoIP works well and
there are plenty of technologies to make the tech work properly and as off
right now I am not really happy with the service.
 Thanks
 J Hogan CCNA

 On 10/6/05, Matt Pusateri <mpusateri at wickedtrails.com> wrote:

> Triluggers,
>
> I trying to decide on Vonage versus Time Warner Cable's phone service.
> I have had mixed reviews on both. Anyone care to share the
> experiences. From a price perspective Vonage seems more desirable,
> but I don't want to end up in one of those - You get what you pay for
> scenarios.
>
> Also those that are successful in having good quality voip service do
> you have the voip ATA box ahead of you local network or behind. If
> behind are you doing and QOS. My setup will most likely involve a
> WRTG54.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt P.

Live Life And Do Not Kill Time.