[TriLUG] access without compromise?

Scott Lundgren trilug at capitalfellow.com
Sat Oct 8 19:17:48 EDT 2005

> Mainly I want to do this to access my music from home without wasting
> money on media.
>
> :P
>
> I was thinking something like openSSH
> (http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/).
>
> Is there another (easier, secure) way to access my music on bar?

Given that the environment you decribed is locked down, possibly
monitored, and desire not to use bandwidth that isn't yours, I'm going to
suggest an iPod. Because even if you use an SSH setup that satisfies the
first 2 requirements I don't think such an implementation will get around
the 3rd (streaming the files or scp'ing).

- SL