[TriLUG] access without compromise?

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 13:31:32 EDT 2005

Oh, I failed to catch the part about listening to your music from bar
on foo.  But using putty and those basic tunneling skills, you should
be able to get creative and get to anything anyway you want.  WinSCP
is a good gui tool for WinXP clients to connect to *nix boxes for file
copies.

So in tunneling with putty... for example, you could run an mp3
streaming server on your deb machine at home, attach to the stream
through the tunnel if there is enough bandwidth.  If none of those
things work, I'm curious to see what others recommend.  Obviously you
aren't looking to spend $400 on a 60GB iPodphoto... but man, I have
all 270 CDs of mine on it with my entire photo gallery from the last
4+ years as a photographer and still have 40GB free!!  :)  :)  All my
music goes with me everywhere and I always have my photography
portfolio too.  :)

David McD