[TriLUG] linux media server

John Turner jdturner at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 9 18:39:44 EDT 2005

That is a nice goal, but I might suggest you use one of the following
units.

TVIX http://www.tvix.co.kr/eng/
Mediagate http://www.mediagate.co.kr/

There are some others also.  Some of the newer models have network
ports, the older models just appear as a USB drive to the PC (like an
iPod).

Either way you still need to rip/capture your media content then push
it onto the external device which has an internal hard drive. You can
even use it in the car while on the trip.

John