[TriLUG] job openings at RENCI

John McGee mcgee at renci.org
Mon Oct 10 14:57:11 EDT 2005

The Renaissance Computing Institute, a joint institute between the
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina State
University, and Duke University, is seeking a Linux and open source
software guru. We need a hot-shot software repository and build expert
immediately. Experience with ant, make, autotools, cvs, tinderbox,
JUnit, shell scripting, etc. Someone interested in building and owning
the mechanics of the software production pipeline that will see bits
from many exciting national collaborations including:
  http://lead.ou.edu/
  http://www1.sura.org/3000/3310_Scoop.html
  http://www.teragrid.org/
  http://vgrads.rice.edu/
  http://perc.nersc.gov/main.htm

Details for this position are attached, and at this url, which includes
info on how to apply:
http://www.unc.edu/appweb/epa-nf/EPA%20N-F%20Current.html#reciscm

We are also reviewing applications for software developers/engineers,
primarily using Java and C on Linux.

Having read the rules about posting employment opportunities to this
list, this will be our only spammage, however, if you're trolling the
archives and come across this message, please visit www.renci.org for
current opportunities, especially between now and December 2006.

All software produced at RENCI is BSD style open source, and RENCI
products are layered on top of other open source software such as
Jetspeed, OGCE, MyProxy, the Globus Toolkit, Condor, publicly available
biology databases, etc. The North Carolina Bioportal is an example of
the kinds of products we are involved in developing and shipping:
http://www.ncbioportal.org/

Regards,
  John McGee
  www.renci.org