[TriLUG] myth tv question

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Thu Oct 13 14:25:14 EDT 2005

On Oct 13, 2005, at 1:40 PM, Greg Brown wrote:

>> Speaking of which, does anyone know of a tool (or set of tools) on
>> Linux which can "reencode" (or whatever the correct term is) a PAL
>> DVD
>> to NTSC. In other words, I'd like to be able to rip a PAL DVD so that
>> I could watch it on a regular DVD player and not just on a computer.

I didn't think there was a difference at the DVD level between PAL
and NTSC - that would depend on your DVD player and the output signal
it creates. The DVDs should be the same except for region codes (and
you might be able to turn your DVD player regionless with the right
hack).

Am I off base here?

-T

-----

Tarus Balog
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.
Main  : +1 919 545 2553   Fax:   +1 503-961-7746
Direct: +1 919 647 4749   Skype: tarusb
Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C