[TriLUG] Speaking of whois...

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Thu Oct 13 14:58:48 EDT 2005

I'm in the middle of a project where I have the need to look-up current
contact info for a bunch of domain names.

There was a really nice Perl module called Net::ParseWhois which would let
you do a whois query on a domain and get key elements returned in standard
format. Not only did it handle recursive queries and multiple registrars,
it had code to parse out information such as registered DNS servers,
contact e-mail addresses, address, etc.

Sadly, the perl module has been largely abandoned, :(

So, there's other modules available to let me lookup the whois info I
need, and I can probably easily parse the netSol stuff since that's
common, but I'll have to manually scrape out the info I need from the
weirder registrars.

Anyone else ever been in this situation? Written a similar script? Know of
someone who has?