[TriLUG] Sendmail problem

mark at thefowles.com mark at thefowles.com
Fri Oct 14 09:37:12 EDT 2005

here are the dnsbl's I am using. I will try to disable these and see
what's going on -  It's just weird that this is the only site having the
problem.
FEATURE(`dnsbl', `ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org',`"550 Mail from "
$&{client_addr} " refused. Rejected for bad WHOIS info on IP o
f your SMTP server - see http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/"')
FEATURE(`dnsbl',`sbl.spamhaus.org',`"listed on SBL - see
<http://spamhause.org/SBL/>"')dnl
dnl FEATURE(`dnsbl',`relays.visi.com',`"Listed on RSL - see
<http://relays.visi.com/>"')dnl
FEATURE(`dnsbl', `relays.ordb.org', `"550 Email rejected due to sending
server misconfiguration - see http://www.ordb.org/fa
q/\#why_rejected"')dnl
FEATURE(`dnsbl', `bl.spamcop.net', `"Spam blocked see:
http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?"$&{client_addr}')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`relays.visi.com',`', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://relays.visi.com Contact postmaster cs montana edu with
problems. Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`blackholes.mail-abuse.org', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://www.mail-abuse.org/rbl/ Contact postmaster cs mo
ntana edu with problems. Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for
help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl, `relays.mail-abuse.org', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://www.mail-abuse.org/rss/ Contact postmaster cs monta
na edu with problems. Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for
help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`dialups.mail-abuse.org', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://www.mail-abuse.org/dul/ Contact postmaster cs monta
na edu with problems. Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for
help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://www.mail-abuse.org/ Contact postmaster cs montana
edu with problems.  Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`blackhole.compu.net', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://www.compu.net Contact postmaster cs montana edu with p
roblem s. Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`pm0-no-more.compu.net', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://www.compu.net Contact postmaster cs montana edu with
 problems. Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`flowgoaway.com', `t',`Spam blocked see: Blocked FLOW
network systems Contact postmaster cs montana edu wit
h problems. Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`spamguard.leadmon.net', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://www.leadmon.net/spamguard Contact postmaster cs mont
ana edu with problems. Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for
help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`blackholes.intersil.net', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://www.intersil.net Contact postmaster cs montana edu
 with problems.  Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`blackholes.wirehub.net', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://basic.wirehub.nl/blackholes.html Contact postmaster
 cs montana edu with problems. Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm
for help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`dynablock.wirehub.net', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://basic.wirehub.nl/dynablocker.htm Contact postmaster
cs montana edu w ith problems. Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm
for help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`dsn.rfc-ignorant.org', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://www.rfc-ignorant.org Contact postmaster cs montana ed
u with problems.  Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://www.rfc-ignorant.org Contact postmaster cs mon
tana edu with problems.  Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for
help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`abuse.rfc-ignorant.org', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://www.rfc-ignorant.org Contact postmaster cs montana
edu with problems.  Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for help')dnl
FEATURE(enhdnsbl,`in.dnsbl.org', `t',`Spam blocked see:
http://www.dnsbl.org Contact postmaster cs montana edu with problems
. Read http://www.cs.montana.edu/faq/spam.htm for help')dnl

> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Mark Fowle wrote:
>> This is incoming to me ....  This is the only site that seems to have
>> this
>> problem.
>
> Hmmmm, that would imply something on their end disrupts the connection
> before it completes. Unfortunately, there's lots of possibilities there.
>
> If you enabled more detailed logging in sendmail you can get more info.
> The best way to do this would be to get on the phone with someone at that
> organization, enable debug logging in sendmail and have them send a test
> message.
>
> Possibilities include disk problems on remote end, slow network, high
> level of retransmits on network, bad sendmail.cf, etc etc...
>

>   ####################==============----
> ----==============####################
> #     riffer at vaxer.net - Jeff The Riffer - Drifter... - Homo Postmortemus
>    #
> # Disclaimer: I am not a number, I am a free man, and my thoughts are my
> own. #
> # GCS$ d-- H++ s:++ !g p+ au0 a31 w+ v?(*) C++ UA P? L 3 E---- N++ K- W--
> M+ V#
> # po--- Y+ t+ 5+ !j R G' tv b+ D++ B--- e+ u--- h--- f+ r+++ n- y+++*
>    #

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.