[TriLUG] Re: Open Source GIS software

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Wed Oct 19 09:04:48 EDT 2005

Hi Folks,
       As I've mentioned before I've helped my son's school ( River Mill
Academy, http://www.rivermilljags.org , Graham, NC) set up their computer
lab with K12LTSP , and their entire network ( including the lab) is
authenticating off of a Samba server running FC4 ( I haven't got my mind
around openldap w/samba yet :-)).  There is a new standardized test for the
State that is written in java and we're  getting the initial "we don't
support linux" line.  Does know of any local schools running K12LTSP that
we can contact to compare notes?

      By the way, as soon as QGIS, http://www.qgis.org ,  hits .80 with WMS
client support, I will be installing it on the Lab system at the school.
Nice desktop GIS software.

Doug Newcomb