[TriLUG] Problem with Cent OS up2date

Glenn Hennessee Glenn_Hennessee at ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 20 11:12:38 EDT 2005

I had trouble on Friday with extremely slow connections to the update
server using up2date. I finally gave up on Friday and did the updates on
Saturday. This was a LARGE update from 4.1 to 4.2 and I chose to do it
in batches. I did OpenOffice first and then picked up the rest in 2 more
batches. I had a few more updates show up yesterday and they went fast.
Be patient, I think the server(s) are overloaded with everyone updating.
glenn