[TriLUG] Job posting - System Administrator

Joel Ebel jbebel at mybox.org
Fri Oct 21 11:21:16 EDT 2005

My current position has been posted on jobs.ncsu.edu.  It's position
number 46982.  All interested should apply now.  If you want me to put
in a good word for you, send me an email explaining why I should.

The position is at NC State University Student Media.  There are 6 media
groups: The Technician newspaper, The Agromeck yearbook, WKNC-FM, The
Nubian Message African American newspaper, Americana online news, and
Windhover literary/arts magazine.   Primarily the job is to take care of
the servers and workstations supporting student media, but frequently it
becomes a jack-of-all-trades fix-it guy for anything technological.  I
have found myself servicing digital cameras, phones, radio station
equipment, etc.  In fact many times I found myself on top of the library
at the transmitter for WKNC.  There are about 40 workstations consisting
of Macs and PCs.  Design workstations use inDesign and Photoshop
frequently.  There are 6 linux servers.  I previously ran slackware on
all of them, but out of consideration to my successor I recently rebuilt
them all with RHEL4.  Servers support these groups with file serving,
email, mailing lists, web hosting, audio webcasting for the radio
station, and many other services.  If you have any questions about the
job, please send me an email.

Joel