[TriLUG] debian in production

Jason Hines jhines at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:08:43 EDT 2005

I come from a RH background, and moved to Debian around the time RH
went "enterprise".

I can honestly tell you that Debian, specifically it's package
management abilities (using apt-get) is excellent.  I've had
absolutely no problems running Debian (stable) in production over
these last few years.

One of the few notable mentions here is the version updates.  Debian
package development tends to move very slowly (which is a very good
thing actually), so if the version requirements are met, I think
you'll be quite satisfied with this nice little distro.

Jason