[TriLUG] debian in production

Scott Lundgren trilug at capitalfellow.com
Fri Oct 21 13:21:09 EDT 2005

Greg et. al,

How do you manage updates ? I mean scheduling, testing, roll back if
you need to do so? I've used yum's nightly script that can
auto-magically grabs updates. For this production environment luckily
I'll have 2 duplicate machines. So I'll be able to apply updates to
one, test the updates didn't break anything, then fail over to it while
I apply the patches to the twin. Do you have a similar init.d script
that cron runs apt-get to check for updates, do you periodically run an
update manually, or do you subscribe to a mailing list that announces
available updates so you can update manually when needed?

thanks for sharing your experiences,
SL