[TriLUG] Permissions

Mike Parkhurst Mike.Parkhurst at samsys.com
Mon Oct 24 21:46:15 EDT 2005

I'm setting up my first real Linux server.  How do others handle
permissions?  I understand User, Group, Other, Directory, Read, Write,
eXecute, and such.  I now understand why *nix systems have so many groups,
each one doing a specific function.  One specific problem I am having is how
to allow one group RW access to a directory, another group R access, and
everyone else no access?

Thank You,
Mike