[TriLUG] Linux Install Fest by Chinese-American this Sunday

Liyun Yu yu at radonc.unc.edu
Thu Oct 27 15:21:48 EDT 2005

Matt Pusateri wrote:

>>Reference URL with directions:
>>http://www.unc.edu/~liyunyu/Linux_Fest/LinuxFestHome.html
>>

>>Thanks,
>>
>>Liyun
>>--
>>

>Ubuntu?  Should he Chinese-American community be installing Red Flag
>Linux? :)

Matt,

The Ubuntu comes with a very good package to let input Chinese language.

When I visited China several years ago, I did not see much activities there
developing Red Flag Linux at all. I purchased one copy of the Red Flag
Linux off
the shelf but never got a chance to install or play with it.

Actually there is a Chinese web site also support Ubuntu:
http://www.ubuntu.org.cn/
There are a lot of documentations there on how to install, many
screenshots, etc.
Ubuntu is very popular in Chinese speaking community now  due to its
nice Asia
language support  and easy upgrade/update features.

Thanks,

Liyun