[TriLUG] kmail performance (Mail Archiving ?)

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 15:48:32 EDT 2005

I'm using kmail 1.6.2 (Using KDE 3.2.1) local storage, and starting to run
into performance issues. I will admit I have a bunch of messages, something
like ~600 folders, aprox 1.5GB of storage utilized.

I see the worst performance when starting up the app, and when moving messages
between folders.

Now before I get told to clean up my folders, I will say that I have been very
diligent in keeping things clean and organized, so there is no trash there. I
just have quite a number of emails that I need for both work and personal
(mostly work). I see this issue just getting worse as time goes on.

Any hints about performance?
Any suggestions about archiving methodologies (and formats or tools)?

Thanks,

Ron