[TriLUG] kmail performance

joel sweatte jsweatte at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 29 21:22:00 EDT 2005

I have what sounds like the same problem. I DO NOT have near as many messages
and just a few folders. SInce I went to SuSE 9.3, kmail 1.8.2, and KDE 3.4.2
I have been experiencing 'hangs' in Kmail. I've opened a bug or two (one for
the performance problem another for incorrect messages (Kmail says is didn't
delete a message but it does)  but I don't think anything is being done about
it. I see it most predominately when I delete say three or four messages then
it will hang for 5-7 seconds and then spring back to life good as new. I
believe that it does not matter what you are doing in Kmail it has some
process that gets activated that just nails the machine for a few seconds.
Top shows Kmail using most, if not all of the processor.
Joel