[TriLUG] Sendmail to Postfix

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 08:14:46 EST 2005

On 11/2/05, Alan Porter <porter at trilug.org> wrote:

> mark> and is there a good "How To" to convert from
> mark> sendmail to postfix anywhere?
>
> NO.   The key word is "good".
>
> There are several how-to guides, but since there are a
> hundred ways to set up a mail server, there is very little
> "good" or "authoritative" documentation.  Most have titles
> like: "postfix+mysql+courier+maildrop+amavisd+spamassassin+clamav"
>
> Expect a little trial-and-error.

I managed to stumble my way through the process of converting from
sendmail to postfix, including multiple virtual domains, and I found
one of those "postfix+courier+amavisd+spamassissin+clamav" howtos.

I figure that if *I* managed to do it, it couldn't have been that hard.

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/