[TriLUG] Westell DSL Verizon model gives dhcp address I don't want

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Nov 7 09:59:25 EST 2005

Have just got my DSL modem from Verizon and am attempting to
setup my DSL service.

The dhcp address I get from the modem for the IP on the
outside of my firewall is 192.168.1.x. This is the same
network as I have for my machines on the inside of the
firewall. Rather than move my inside machines, is it
possible for this modem to give me an IP from another
netework? I haven't found any docs on the modem through
google.

Thanks Joe