[TriLUG] RR Network Reliablity

Jeffrey A. Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Mon Nov 7 12:06:23 EST 2005

This is a valid test.

Call RoadRunner tech support and ask for a second level technician as soon as
they answer the phone.

Work with them until they see the packet losses too.  It may take a while, but
take the time.

They followed this procedure when this was happeneing to me:

1) Dispatched a technician to my house to check the drop from the pole
   Result: technician replace the coax from the telephone pole to the box
           on the side of my house, but did not fix the problem.
           Technician opened a ticket for a problem on the main line.
           This ticket was pencil-whipped a day or two later -- problem
           still was occuring

A week later...

2) Dispatched a technician to house to check the local drop again --
   Result: found everything in good order on the drop and opened
           a ticket on the main line.  This time they actually
           worked the ticket.  Two days later problem was fixed.

This resulted in getting the cable modem problem fixed and a noticeable
improvement in my Cable TV signal in the house :-D

Jeff G.