[TriLUG] Westell DSL Verizon model gives dhcp address I don't want

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:57:28 EST 2005

On 11/7/05, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Greg Brown wrote:
>
> > Joe:
> >

> Thanks everyone for the suggestion to put the modem into
> bridging mode. I didn't know I had the option.
>
> > In order to configure the device I googled for "router model name
> > bridge mode" and eventually I found what I was looking for.  What
> > model DSL router do you have?
>
> no luck there, It's a Westell C99-610015-00.

Joseph,

Try using just 610015 for the model number.  I gave it a quick try and
got quite a few hits.  This one might help (not sure, I haven't really
studied it, but then I don't have the problem to solve <G>)
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/westell/1.0%20General

And perhaps this link off of it:
http://members.verizon.net/~res08lyg/6100.htm

It gives a step by step walk-through. It uses a windows client, but
I'm sure that you can convert the windows ip stack settings to linux
equivalents.

As I said, I've just snooped around a bit and found this. I'm just
handing you a rope. I take no responsibility for what you do with it
or what effects doing so might have.

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site