[TriLUG] Westell DSL Verizon model gives dhcp address I don't want

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Nov 7 15:26:11 EST 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, John Broome wrote:

> We can continue to speculate on how you *might* fix this problem, or
> you can call the people that *know* and find out.

the person I got at tech service has never heard of bridging
and has been there for 5 yrs and says that if they supported
it, that she'd know about it and was adamant that I wasn't
going to be getting bridging with them. She said I had dhcp
service and not pppOE service. I asked her what difference
that would make, and she gave me the same speil (ie we don't
support it).

The modem box says "Combo NAT PPPOE". Do you get bridging
with pppOE? Is this what I'm looking for?

Joe