[TriLUG] Westell DSL Verizon model gives dhcp address I don't want

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Mon Nov 7 15:44:46 EST 2005

I have not been following this thread closely, but this question caught
my eye.  PPPoE can indeed facilitate bridged Ethernet, however, this
requires that the provider side of the PVC do some bridging.  I know a
number of providers used to offer, in the early days of DSL deployment,
both bridged and routed service by provisioning a standardized VPI/VCI
for a given loop.  I suspect that this is less common today.  In any
case, you can not simply configure the customer end (xTU-R) and expect
the provider side to match you.