[TriLUG] Linux vs Windows comparison criteria?

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Tue Nov 8 20:34:26 EST 2005

Kevin Flanagan wrote:

> From a business side, it used to be that execs would say that they
> wanted a "throat to choke", IE: someone to sue if the app fell apart.
> I have heard that more and more are realizing that suing Microsoft is
> akin to banging your head against the wall of a cave, not only does it
> hurt, but you can't be heard screaming.

I like that analogy, but I'd suggest a more appropriate twist.
Developing an app on windows, and then wanting to yell at someone when
it doesn't work right, is probably more akin to beating your head
against the inside of your coffin, after you're 6 feet under - It hurts,
you can't be heard screaming, and you're pretty much doomed.  But then
again, by writing that windows app, you were digging your own grave, so
it's hard to say you shouldn't have seen it coming...

Feel free to ignore my zealot-style late afternoon ramblings*,
Aaron S. Joyner

* - at your own risk, of course.