[TriLUG] Linux DVD duplication

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 09:42:25 EST 2005

Scenario: I have a small camper I keep at the beach and I travel there
as many weekends as is practical.  I hate dragging extra stuff back
and forth such as DVDs.  My iPod now carries all the music I want but
I'm still hauling DVDs back and forth (there is little else to do on a
rainy day).  I originally looked at MythTV to rip all my DVDs to so I
could carry that back and forth as needed but that isn't going to work
well either.

Now I just want to duplicate all my *legally purchased DVDs* via a
Linux box to blank DVDs so I can just leave them there and not worry
about them.

So questions are:

1. What is good DVD duplication software that I can run under Linux?
2. What is the best brand of DVD writer to use with Linux?  (I have a
P4 non HT (2.xx ghz I think) PC running Debian 3.0 that I can press
into service for this.

Greg