[TriLUG] dead.letter file help

Lisa Boyd leaseahb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:29:42 EST 2005

This is where I stand now. There are 2 email addresses that are
processed through procmail. The first address is moved to a folder (no
problems with this one). The second is forwarded to an ISP email
address. This is the one email address that is ending up in the
dead.letter file.

I created another rule in the .procmailrc file to take the problemed
email address and move those emails to a folder. This works perfectly.
So is something wrong between procmail trying to mail out these emails
to the ISP email address?

My next problem is to take all of the emails in the dead.letter file,
separate them and send them back through the system. I found the
following two lines to help but when I try the first line, it just
sits there and doesn't do anything (that I see). I have copied the
original dead.letter file which is huge, and the dead.letter file I'm
trying to test only has 1 or 2 emails in it.

formail -ds dead.letter > newmail
cat newmail | formail -s sh -c 'cat >msg.$FILENO'

Thanks for any help you can pass along!
Lisa B.