[TriLUG] yellow dog (old world)

Ian Meyer ianmeyer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:06:21 EST 2005

While that may correspond, its not the defining factor in the
difference between Old and New World Macs, the difference is a major
change in the ROM organization, and introduction of Open Firmware.
(yea, there are some Old World macs with early versions of OF on
them, like my Apple Network Server, but I digress...)

For a little more information on the structural and technical
differences, if you're curious, check this out: http://
developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1167.html

~ian

ps: anyone want to mess with a PowerMac 5400 (all-in-one, pre-G3), or
an Apple Network Server?