[TriLUG] Scripting & C++ question

Mark Freeze mfreeze at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 17:50:47 EST 2005

Hmmm ...  good point.  I don't think I'll ever have this situation,
but it's good to know.  I am trying to convert all of my programs away
from VB and Visual FoxPro.  One of the features in VB.Net that I am
trying to imitate is the FileSystemWatcher Component that will 'watch'
a certain directory and then take action when a file shows up.

My situation is that I want to monitor an incoming ftp directory and
process files as they complete the upload.

I have completed converting the program into c++ and now it seems that
I have knocked off how to get * named files into the program.

My next challenge, which was discussed a couple of months ago, but I
still don't have a good handle on, is how to monitor the directory for
the files and know that the ftp session had ended, indicating that all
of the files are uploaded.  Some days we may have 1 file, but some
days we may have five 50mb files that need to be processed
individually and then concatenated before the next step is taken. I've
still got to figure out how to handle that one...

Have a good weekend,
Mark.