[TriLUG] Using Asterisk to connect to an exisiting PBX

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 12 13:23:23 EST 2005

We currently have an Avaya IP Office PBX at several locations using fiber
and WAN to connect the remotes to the main office.  My question is has
anyone been successful at attaching Asterisk to an existing PBX and had
good results.  We currently do not have a need for IP handsets except for
one location where the initial purchase of the PBX processor is about at
capacity and to expand for just a few more handsets would be way too
expensive since my company likes to change PBX vendors about every 3 years
and I am just looking for something to hold them over.  If I can connect
the Asterisk will all the functionality of the Avaya system be passed to
the Asterisk sets, ie parked calls, paging, conferencing etc.

Another question is does anyone know of an OSS package that can do call
accounting for PBX systems.
Thanks
Chris