[TriLUG] Using Asterisk to connect to an exisiting PBX

jonc jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 14 02:56:17 EST 2005

You can also use some ordinary trunks in your Asterisk server and
connect it to your Avaya system that way. We've integrated a few systems
(that didn't do SIP) using just FXO/S ports.

Alternately, you could go with an existing VoIP provider and just have
them construct a dial-plan so that the remote users feel like they are
still directly attached to the Avaya system.

Good Luck - Jon