[TriLUG] conflicting Options in httpd

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Nov 14 11:46:12 EST 2005

Hi Guys,
   Actually the subject is probably worded poorly.  Here's the deal:

I have a file on my website that contains both PHP script and
<!--#include virtual="url"--> directives.  The problem is, if I name it
(properly) with a .php extension, the include directives are ignored.
And of course, if I name it with a .html extension, the php gets
rendered as text instead of being processed.

What do I need to do to get Apache to process Includes when they're in
an HTML section of a PHP script?  i.e.

<?php
...stuff ...
?>
<!--#include virtual="otherstuff.html"-->  <-- This gets ignored
<?php
...more stuff...
?>

Thanks a lot!