The way we were (was Re: [TriLUG] No more Linux on WRT54G???)

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:18:36 EST 2005

Mem-oh-ries

On 11/15/05, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, I used to own a PC Jr. :)  And a XT (and I remember the CADET
> "Can't Add Doesn't Even Try").  LOL!!  Your e-mail brought back some
> good memories...

As I mentioned in my earlier posting, I was involved with (actually an
officer in) the IBM Poughkeepsie Microcomputer Hobbyist Club.

When the PCjr (codenamed Peanut) was announced, IBM made a point of
sending one of the project planners up to Poughkeepsie from Boca to
give us a presentation. I volunteered to pick the guy up at the
Duchess County airport.  I had a hard time not breaking out in
laughter when he turned out to be about 4' 6" tall.

--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site
http://www.mercuryspacecraft.com/